Want to get into a different job?
Vocational and targeted trade training is normally the fastest path to a new job in a vast assortment of various careers.
If you are considering getting started with a different occupation fast, you’ll appreciate the focused, no-nonsense instruction that these kinds of instruction institutions provide.
These kinds of institutions permit you to go from school to work much quicker than the common college experience does.
As outlined by Vocational Biographies, the leading vocational, industry and employment jobs in Connecticut can include:
Building & Construction — Architect, solar equipment installer, project contractor, landscaper or wood worker.
Arts and crafts — Leather crafter, upholstery construction, stained glass repair, or furniture designer.
Drafting and Graphic Design — graphical design artist, fashion industry designer, digital photographer, or web designer.
Electric power and Electronics — Apprentice electrical contractor, computer game designer, and electrical line service.
Metal Work and Components — Geologist, welder, manufacturing technician, plastics specialist, and natural resources laboratory specialist.
Machine Mechanics — Automobile technician, airline technician, motorcycle repair mechanic and heating system repair.
Transportation — Avionics technician, dock worker, airline attendant or tow truck operator.
Services — Plumber, garage door repair service, roof repair, locksmithing, house siding and rain gutters.
Connecticut Job Training and Degree Choices
The modern school has completely changed the manner by which students train for many kinds of professions. While conventional classroom teaching programs still are present at technical colleges and trade schools, web based programs are quickly becoming much more frequent.
And the technical factor that accompanies online methods is very sought after by hiring managers in practically every market segment.
Understand that the more complex the industry, the more complex the study will be for potential job seekers. And many fields provide several licensing or specialization accreditation that can illustrate your experience and dedication to the best practices in your particular field.
You may easily earn a two-year degree, program diploma or training certificate as soon as possible and get going in your brand new job fast.
You can see a list of the common career opportunities, school costs and class specifics.
Discover vocational job and program options:
- AS - Criminology and Forensic Technology
- AS - Network Systems Administration
- BS - Project Management and Administration: PMA Option
- And more...
The University of New Hampshire is the state’s public research university, providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate programs and graduate programs of distinction. Its primary purpose is learning: students collaborating with faculty in teaching, research, creative expression, and service. UNH has a national and international agenda and holds land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant charters. From its main campus in Durham, its college in Manchester, and the UNH School of Law in Concord, the University serves New Hampshire and the region through continuing education, cooperative extension, cultural outreach, economic development activities, and applied research.
- MEd in Educational Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Wireless Communication Systems
- Graduate Certificate in Ubiquitous Computing
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online)
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Early Childhood Education
- Funeral Service Education
- And more...
- Communications@Simmons prepares students to become leaders who achieve their organizational, professional, and personal goals through a strategic integration of communications theory and practice.
- The rigorous, practice-based curriculum ensures that students develop the key skills and competencies necessary to successfully navigate the shifting landscape of the digital world.
- MS in Communication
As the nation’s oldest school of social work, Simmons School of Social Work (SSW) has been training clinical social workers to improve the well-being of individuals and communities for more than 100 years. Co-founded in Boston with Harvard University in 1904, SSW is dedicated to promoting social action and rooted in the belief that all individuals have the capacity and deserve the resources to grow, change, and improve their lives.
- Master of Social Work
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
The USC School of Social Work works with selected agencies and organizations across the country that represent the complete range of social services. This provides MSW@USC students the opportunity to apply what they learn in class and a chance to work with real-life clients in the community.
- Master of Social Work
- Health Claims Specialist
- Professional Fitness Trainer
- Massage Therapy
- And more...
If you conclude that trade school isn’t really right for you, there are alternatives and other choices.